Friday, April 20, 2012

Elle's Studio April Gallery

Today I get to start sharing all the projects I've been working on - beginning with my Elle's Studio projects for April. Did you know Elle's Studio is about to launch it's new website? I'll let you know when it's up and running - in the meantime, you can view the design team inspiration gallery in it's usual location. So here we go - the first of three pages I made for this month - going to kick it off with my fave:
I love the neutral mix of paper on this page with the contrast of green and blue -courtesy of the current Studio Calico kit & Elle's. Here you can see 2 of the Elle's Studio tags I used - along with the date stamp:
I used the grey letter stickers from the kit and punched my confetti with a small circle punch I picked up from Stampin' Up last year. I seriously love the confetti trend (in case you hadn't noticed). It gives a more controlled & ordered 'splatter' effect than mist or paint, which I have never been able to master. I also like how it fills white space without cluttering up the page or adding thickness. Trick is not to over-control it. I start by just throwing the little circles in the general vicinity of where I want them then tweak them slightly. I use a glue pen to stick them down. Tedious, yes - but worth the effort I think.
And here's a close up of the stencil sheet - which I cut up to use as initials:

Also, on the topic of Elle's Studio - have you seen the new kits? One of each of these is on it's way to me and I can hardly wait. I love the product mix and the special edition tags are amazing. And have you seen the stamps?! Elle's Studio really makes fantastic stamps.  Here's Everyday Moments:

and Here & Now:

Get them while they last because I'm sure they won't!

So here in the Northeast we are covered with a blanket of yellow/green pollen that is making my life pretty miserable. I wish the leaves would do their thing already because my eyes seriously can not take it anymore! Hope you are in a less pollinated area & enjoying the spring weather (or early Fall for you folks in the southern hemisphere!)
Happy Friday!

5 comments:

~jan said...

Oh man, Val - I just {heart} this layout! Perfect title to go with an absolutely adorable photo of your cutie boy! The little pops of green (that tape *sigh*) and the confetti just make it all that much better! Stellar work, my friend!

soapHOUSEmama said...

Gorgeous page - live the little touches of green!

julie said...

that is such an awesome page and i am loving those kits!!

~amy~ said...

Sand Angel...love it!

Brianna B said...

I love the colors and the layout! Adorable!