Wednesday, April 25, 2012

More Elle's Studio...

One last Elle's Studio page to share today from the April inspiration gallery. This is one of my faves. I took this picture of my daughter, from the seat behind her on an amusement park train ride, a little before her 7th birthday. I remember seeing her through the lens that day and realizing she wasn't a baby anymore. sigh.

I used the current Studio Calico kit for this one as well, along with a mix of Elle's Studio tags and journaling cards. The little '7' is a new item from Elle's and it paired nicely with my die cut script title:
Here I used some of the Elle's Studio packaging to back the stencil 'M' from a Jenni Bowlin die cut sheet:
You can check out the full inspiration gallery right here. That team sure does know how to put together some amazing projects!

Happy to say I am almost in the clear of a week loaded with big crafty deadlines. One more project and I can breathe a little sigh of relief before the next wave - which also includes the final design project for my class as school. I think I'm in good shape - I just need to carve out the time and get drafting!

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day here on the old blog. I'll be part of a very cool blog hop with the awesome Julie Balzer, and also participating in a cool SRM Stickers/Twinery event too. Would love it if you'd stop by. I've got some fun projects to share!

7 comments:

Nikki said...

Such a pretty layout! Love it!!

Meghann said...

That photo is so beautiful, as is your layout! Love it!

Michele H. said...

the mix of patterned paper, washi, and doilies makes me happy:) beautiful as always...and I totally get you on how fast our little ones grow up.

curlyqmosaics said...

I love this layout Valerie! What a darling photo of your daughter too!

Also, I am loving your new banner up top. Talk about some eye catching coolness! :)

~amy~ said...

simply gorgeous...the layout and the pic...almost 7...time flies, eh? I seriously can't believe my girl recently turned 17 and my boy will be 15 this summer....

Jennie M said...

I LOVE this page. So awesome!!!

~jan said...

Such a lovely girl you have, Val! This layout is just gorgeous, the layering is just wonderful!