Thursday, May 3, 2012

Beach Box

Today I get to share a fun project I made for the SRM Stickers Blog!
End of School always makes me think of teacher's gifts. I know they get lots of them and I always try to think outside the box. For this project, I was definitely thinking inside the box!


My little 'beach in a box' contains a beach badge for a local beach. (Not sure if these are just a New Jersey thing, but a beach badge - a small pin-on plastic emblem- will grant a person access to the beach all season for a one-time flat fee.) My daughter's perpetually tan teacher is a regular beach-goer so this is the perfect gift for her. I made my little beach inside a clear plastic box. I added some sand, a little flag and a few little seashells then tucked in the badge. I added a die cut sun on the back and waves at the base. I finished the box off with some We've Got Your Sentiment - Summer stickers.

The accompanying tag features matching papers and the same sun die cut, along with sentiments from We've Got Your Sentiment - Summer and some Express Yourself -School stickers.
Would love it if someone gave me a beach badge!

SRM Stickers Used:
Express Yourself - School
Sticker Sentiments - Summer
Express Yourself - Water Fun
Calendar Numbers - Small
Other products used: patterned paper, flags: Pebbles, Inc.; orange pennant tag: Elle's Studio; string: The Twinery; ribbon: Making Memories


It's been a little quite around here in blog world - that's because I'm up to my ears trying to finish my final project for school. It's technically a digital drafting class but the final project  involves designing a hotel lobby space and accompanying bar/cafe - two areas I have almost no experience designing. Designing anything, whether it's a hotel lobby or a scrapbook page takes the same creative energy - hence my lack of craftiness here on the blog. I hoping my daily design exercises will bring the extra mojo I will need to get back on track - as assignments are piling up! I will be back this weekend with a fresh challenge for The Studio.
Enjoy the end of the week!

9 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

I love the teacher gift! I would totally love a beach pass, as that would mean I was close to the beach! I adore the way you added the sand and tucked the pass neatly inside. :)

Good luck on your final projects for the schooolyear. It sounds tough, but I know your finished projects will be over-the-top amazing!

Laurel said...

Great idea and such a fabulous project!

Lisa Dickinson said...

what an awesome idea! love it! :)

Amy Coose said...

Great idea, Valerie!

JulesHollis said...

oh my goodness... I love this gift! Lovely idea!

~jan said...

Such an awesome project, Val!

soapHOUSEmama said...

such an awesome project! Love it!

~amy~ said...

Oh I love this!!!!!!

aurorafedora said...

oh, val, i LOVE this box! what an awesome idea!!
reminded me of one of my very first jobs, i sold beach badges at the beach (remember, i am originally from brick, nj). i lasted a day! ha, not the job for teen aged me!
have a great summer, go to the beach for me, alas, no ocean in tennessee!